COVID-19 and Camp
After thorough discussion with our camp nurses and doctor, we made the decision to enforce the following:
- If your camper has flown on a plane within two weeks of their registered camp session, your camper is not permitted to attend this summer.
- If your camper resides outside of TN and is traveling into town to attend camp, your camper is not permitted to attend this summer.
This decision was made using the CDC and American Camp Association’s Best Practicing Guidelines as reference. If this applies to you, please email or call to reschedule or receive a refund.
We’re so excited to be with your campers this summer. For those who have enjoyed summers with us in the past, things will be different this year. Based on resources from the CDC, Tennessee Health Department, American Camp Association, and Governor Lee’s Tennessee Pledge, we have new policies and procedures to keep your campers as safe as possible.
Our Parent Handbook explains these new policies and procedures. You can also watch our Parent Town Hall video to learn more. We will be screening campers and staff each morning, asking these questions:
- Have you had a fever in the last 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone in your household, had any symptoms (fever of 100.4°F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc.) in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who is positive for Covid-19 in the last 7 days?
- Have you taken any fever reducing medication today?
If the parent or guardian answers yes to any of the above questions, the camper will need to stay home that day.
Fun Activities You Can Do at Home
Stuck inside and looking for things to do? Check out our Virtual Camp activities and resources. You can find a compilation of fun in the column to your right. We will add to them as we create content. Check our Facebook and Instagram pages daily for highlighted activities, crafts, story times and videos from some of our camp staff!
How can you know if your child is too sick to come to camp? Use our infographic, below, to help you decide. Click on the small image for a larger image.