- Begins with mandatory staff training from May 24-28
- Camp runs June 1- July 30
- Desire and ability to work with children/teens outdoors
- Ability to relate to one’s peers and experience supervising peers
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, and self-control
- Maintain enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and appearance, and interact with campers at all times
- 21 years of age or at least 2 years of prior camp leadership experience
- Current certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR
Program Director and Executive Director
To further the mission of the camp through the planning and delivery of activities at the camp’s waterfront that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the camper’s age and abilities. Provide management to the physical operation of the waterfront’s facilities and equipment.
- Plan, direct, and supervise a safe and fun waterfront program
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers and staff
- Deliver creative swim and watercraft program activities
- Train and supervise waterfront staff
- Assist in the planning and implementation of staff training
- Train waterfront and counseling staff in their waterfront responsibilities
- Supervise waterfront staff to provide a safe and high-quality program
- Supervise the waterfront staff evaluation process
- Directly supervise other aquatic staff
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area
- Set up waterfront area prior to and during staff training.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety
- Check equipment and make (or file for) repairs
- Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials
- Survey waterfront area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
- Participate as a member of the camp leadership team to plan, direct, and supervise special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront
- Participate in leadership and staff meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned.