Begins mid-May and ends July 30.
- Training and experience with adventure/ropes program
- Ability to work with a partner
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Ability to relate to one’s peers
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, and self-control
- Maintain enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and appearance, and interact with campers at all times during Den time and during activities
- 20 years of age or two previous summers of experience
Program Directors, Executive Director
To assist in the planning, directing and supervising of camp’s rope program
1. Set up of adventure/ropes prior to and during staff training
- Set up and take down ropes on a daily basis
- Store equipment quickly in the event of severe weather
2. Work with co-coordinator and program directors to establish daily schedule for ropes program
3. Assist in teaching and supervising staff on their responsibilities in activity areas during daily camp schedule
4.Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
5. Conduct end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety
6. Conduct daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
7. Rotate between all ropes areas, assisting counselors and campers when needed
8. Follow standard rules applicable to rock climbing, rappelling, tree climbing, etc.
9. Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and program for following season
These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.