Begins mid-May and ends August 7
- Training and experience with adventure/ropes program
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Ability to relate to one’s peers
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, and self-control
- Maintain enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and appearance, and interact with campers at all times during Den time and during activities
- 20 years of age or two previous summers of experience
Ropes Program Coordinator; Executive Director
To assist in the planning, directing and supervising of camp’s rope program
1. Assist Ropes Coordinator in set up of adventure/ropes prior to and during staff training
- Set up and take down ropes on a daily basis
- Store equipment quickly in the event of severe weather
2. Assist in teaching and supervising staff on their responsibilities in activity areas during daily camp schedule
3. Teach and monitor proper use of equipment
4. In the absence of Ropes Coordinator, conduct end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety
5. Check equipment. Report any damaged equipment or safety concerns to the Ropes Coordinator.
6. Conduct daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
7. Rotate between all areas, assisting counselors and campers when needed
8. Follow standard rules applicable to rock climbing, rappelling, tree climbing, etc.
9. Assist in packing all materials and supplies when season ends
10. Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and program for following season to Ropes Coordinator
11. These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.