This web page has emails sent to parents about the COVID-19 situation and how it applies to camp.
March 19, 2020 Email:
To our valued camp families,
At Whippoorwill Farm Day Camp, we are your summer home away from home and that means we stick together. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting us all − where we work, live and play.
Your family’s health and safety is always our top priority, and we are making every effort to provide a healthy and safe environment for your campers to enjoy this summer.
- We follow recommendations from national and local health organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- We clean using products that are CDC approved for COVID-19 and we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch areas throughout the day.
- We instruct staff who are not feeling well to stay home.
- Our staff and on-site Registered Nurse monitor the wellness of our campers daily. Our nurse has an area to quarantine a camper, if necessary.
As of March 19, 2020 we plan to hold camp as scheduled this summer and no sessions have been canceled. We are staying up to date with CDC guidelines and will continue to monitor the situation. At this time we don’t anticipate canceling sessions but want to share our refund policy as it relates to COVID-19 decisions.
Refund Policy (updated 3/19/2020):
- If a session is canceled because of COVID-19, we will issue a full refund.
- If a session is not canceled, and a family chooses to cancel, the $55 cancellation fee will apply. If a family has already paid the full session cost, the $55 cancellation fee will apply and we will refund the remainder.
How to Keep Updated:
See www.whipppoorwill.com/updates for the latest information.
Knowing that we are all stuck at home for a while, we have created “Virtual Camp.” Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for daily activities, crafts and resources. This information is also available at www.whippoorwill.com/updates.
We hope you and your families stay safe and we can’t wait to see you this summer!