Begins mid-May and ends August 7
- Desire and ability to work with children/teens outdoors
- Ability to relate to one’s peers
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, and self-control
- Maintain enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and appearance, and interact with campers at all times
- 20 years of age or at least two summers of previous leadership experience at camp
Reports to: Program Director and Executive Director
Position Purpose: To plan, direct and supervise camp’s Leadership Challenge Program and supervise Counselor-in-Training participants
- Maintain a safe environment for campers and staff.
- Create and implement both sessions of our two-week Leadership Challenge Program (grades 9-10).
- Building onto previously designed curriculum, explore the core areas of the program: team building, leadership, responsibility, and decision-making skills.
- Recruit outside visitors/volunteers to be a part of the Leadership Challenge Curriculum as guest speakers.
- Arrange for CPR/first-aid training on-site
- Work with all Program Directors to coordinate schedules and activity areas.
- Plan and execute one service project on property for the Leadership Challenge participants.
- Build rapport with participants in a safe and trusting environment.
- Plan and execute one off-property field trip (i.e. canoe trip or half-day hike)
- Supervise and evaluate the CITs when they are on property.
- Create a weekly evaluation card
- Provide an end of program review
- Help CITs develop leadership skills and specific activity skills
- Assist with other age groups when available and needed.
- Attend weekly director meetings
- Carry and communicate with a walkie-talkie, particularly in emergencies
- Ensure that counselors and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs
- Interact with parents when issues arise with campers or parents have questions.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.