Change is hard, for both children and adults. We hope these resources can help you and your children.
- Goodbye Letter to Whippoorwill. We know it can be hard when you can’t say goodbye to someone or something before it’s gone. Here is a template for a goodbye letter to Whippoorwill. Use this as a way to share what you are feeling. If you feel comfortable, we would love you to share any of your thoughts as you process this goodbye.
These are general books for talking about feeling sad and different ways to cope:
- The Rabbit Listened, by Cori Doerrfeld
- Annie’s Cat Is Sad, by Heather Smith
- Way Past Sad, by Hallee Adelman
- I’m Sad, by Michael Ian Black
These books are more about coping with unwanted change:
- Ten Beautiful Things, by Molly Beth Griffin
- Goodbye, Friend! Hello, Friend!, by Cori Doerrfeld
- Little Tree, by Loren Long
- 10 Tips for Communicating with Grieving Kids (good-grief.org)
- 10 Tips for Supporting Grieving Kids (good-grief.org)
- 5 Tips for Teaching Kids Emotional Intelligence (good-grief.org)