Bus Routes for Session 8 (July 25-29)
- Red Fox. Stop 1: St. George Episcopal, 8 a.m. and 4:55 p.m. Stop 2: St. Henry, 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Stop 3: Harpeth Valley, 8:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Orange Turkey. Stop 1: Woman’s Club of Nashville, 8 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- Purple Parrot. Stop 1: Hillsboro Church of Christ, 8:15 a.m. and 4:40 p.m.
- Green Lizard. Stop 1: Lipscomb School, 8 a.m. and 4:55 p.m. Stop 2: Christ Community Church, 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Campy Chameleon. Stop 1: Elmington Park, 8 a.m and 4:55 p.m. Stop 2: Julia Green Elementary, 8:15 a.m. and 4:40 p.m.
Whippoorwill buses pick up campers at central points in West Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin. The times listed in the AM are when the bus departs from the stop. Times listed in the PM are when the bus arrives at the stop. Parents must physically get out of their car and sign their child out before their camper is allowed off the bus. Camp staff will be checking your ID.
- Please send an email or note: if your camper is leaving early, if you are picking up your child at camp, or if someone else is picking up your child at camp or at their bus stop. Please give all notes to the bus counselor or bus driver — this is to protect your child.
- Please make transportation changes one week in advance of your registered session; if a change is made after 12:00 p.m. on the Thursday before your session, a $15 fee will be charged.
- In the AM, please plan to be at your child’s stop at least five minutes earlier than the posted time. If you are late in the morning or afternoon, and miss your bus, go to the next stop listed on the route. In the afternoon, the bus driver will wait at the last stop with your camper until you arrive. The bus driver will allow a 5-minute courtesy time after driving to the last stop in the afternoon. After the 5 minutes, there will be a $1.00 charge per minute. The driver will give you a copy of the bill for their time and the other copy will go to the office. Make checks payable to Whippoorwill Farm Day Camp and pay within 24 hours.
Routes, times, and order of stops may be modified throughout the summer to accommodate appropriate bus capacities. We will always contact families about changes.
ACA Field Guide Recommendations for Transportation during COVID-19
Campers and Staff as Passengers:
- Do not board if you are sick or experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- Wash or sanitize hands before boarding bus, van, or vehicle.
- Practice good hygiene: cough or sneeze into your elbow and avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- If possible, maintain physical distance by maximizing distance between yourself and other passengers.
- Wear a mask while riding in the vehicle. (Note that Whippoorwill buses are air conditioned.)
- If re-boarding the vehicle, sit in the same seat, or your assigned seat, each time.
- When exiting, remove all belongings and discard all waste.